We are a Foundation Stage class with 30 children. Our Teacher is Mrs Patel and our Teaching Assistants are Miss Morrison, Mrs Wilkinson and Mrs Mort. Our page shows activities that we have been doing each month, which are included in our ongoing ‘Learning Journeys.’
This week in Geckos Class: (Week beginning 15th October):
We have been listening for rhyming words in phonics and learning the character names from our reading books: Mum, Dad, Kipper, Biff, Chip and Floppy.
We have been counting accurately and using all the resources in the maths area.
We have had a lot of fun using the outside area and are brilliant at tidying it up.
We are developing confidence in getting changed for P.E and listening to instructions in the hall and outdoors.
Outdoor learning is on Fridays. Please see the outdoor letter in bookbags.
Our Learner of the Week this week is : Charlotte, for showing great resilience in everything she does.
Certificates given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Bronze certificate?
Maths Passports given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Great Britain passport?
We are looking forward to learning about the following things this Autumn term:
- Our topic about ‘Our School’ – Golden Rules and what it is like to be a member of Greentrees Primary school.
- Outdoor learning, using the little playground daily and a school grounds session once a week.
- Phonics: Listening for sounds at the beginning of words, rhyming words and sounding out words.
- Reading and spelling words on our butterfly card and character names from the stories.
- Maths: Counting to 10 and beyond, recognising numbers, ordering numbers, naming and recognising shapes
- House Role Play Area.
- Using our computer and laptops to try out different programs.
- PE sessions will focus on getting changed and following instructions
- Wake and shake, where we will learn new songs
- and lots more…
Home Learning: Check your Book bags for your child’s first reading book and words. After half term we will be adding in the following:
Phase 2 words: Frog, Panda, Tiger and Butterfly words. Once children can read and spell these words then they get the phase 2 bookmark and start phase 3 words.
Phase 3 words: Elephant, Fish, Toucan and Ladybird words. Once children can read and spell these words then they get the phase 3 bookmark and start phase 4 words.
Handwriting patterns Greentrees Letter Formation
Maths packs – these will be added after half term.
Have you used your the numicon to try ordering numbers?
Useful Links for Home:
Reading talk for parents October 2018 – Please come along to our reading talk for new parents at 1.10, on Tuesday 16th October 2018, before visiting your child’s class to see how they have settled into their new learning environment.
Foundation Stage curriculum info: https://www.foundationyears.org.uk
Bug club website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
Phonics play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
When we first started . . . (Watch this space for photos of our first weeks in school) September and October 2018:
COMING SOON. . .