Our Teacher is Mrs Patel and our Teaching Assistants are Miss Morrison, Mrs Wilkinson and Mrs Mort. Our page shows activities that we have been doing each month, which are included in our ongoing ‘Learning Journeys.’
This week in Geckos Class: (Week beginning 11th February):
We have been learning our next set of phase 3 sounds: oa and igh (we have learnt that the igh sound is a trigraph) and we have been reviewing sh, ch, th, ng, ee and ai in phonics and segmenting and blending with phonics fairy.
Last term we learnt the story of ‘Greedy Jack.’ Click here to hear our class version of the story. Greedy Jack 2018
In maths we have continuing to work on the skill of addition in many different ways.
Our Learner of the Week this week is : Ellie T for showing brilliant speaking skills.
Certificates given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Bronze certificate?
Maths Passports given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Great Britain passport?
We are looking forward to learning about the following things this Autumn term:
- Our topic about ‘Julia Donaldson’
- Outdoor learning will continue this term, we will be going on local walks and visiting the Copse.
- Phonics: Blending and segmenting skills with phase 3 sounds.
- Reading and spelling words on our frog, panda, tiger and butterfly words.
- Maths: Counting to 10 and beyond, recognising numbers, ordering numbers, naming and recognising shapes
- Role Play Area will be a forest.
- Using our computer and laptops to try out different programs.
- PE sessions will focus on Streetdance.
- This term we are going be having music lesson with Mrs Parsons.
- and lots more…
Home Learning: Check your Book bags for your child’s first reading book and words. After half term we will be adding in the following:
Phase 2 words: Frog, Panda, Tiger and Butterfly words. Once children can read and spell these words then they get the phase 2 bookmark and start phase 3 words.
Phase 3 words: Elephant, Fish, Toucan and Ladybird words. Once children can read and spell these words then they get the phase 3 bookmark and start phase 4 words.
Handwriting patterns Greentrees Letter Formation
Maths packs – these will be added after half term.
Have you used your the numicon to try ordering numbers?
Useful Links for Home:
Reading talk for parents October 2018 – Please come along to our reading talk for new parents at 1.10, on Tuesday 16th October 2018, before visiting your child’s class to see how they have settled into their new learning environment.
Foundation Stage curriculum info: https://www.foundationyears.org.uk
Bug club website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
Phonics play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
When we first started . . . (Watch this space for photos of our first weeks in school) September and October 2018:
COMING SOON. . .