Welcome to the Treefrogs’ Class Page
We are a Foundation Stage class. Our Teacher is Miss Eyers (Mrs Mel Eyers-Gibbs) and our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Zoe Farr and Mrs Debs Wilkinson. Our page shows activities that we have been doing each month, which are included in our ongoing ‘Learning Journeys.’
This week in Treefrogs Class: (Week beginning 17th June):
We have been learning how to blend consonants together and write sentences containing tricky words.
We have continued with our school topic of ‘Saving the planet’ and on Fridays we have been swapping classes.
Click here to hear our class version of the story. Greedy Jack story – Treefrogs class
This term we have a lot of fun things planned!
Our Learner of the Week this week is : Zoe, for her great resilience when writing.
Certificates given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Bronze certificate?
Maths Passports given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Great Britain passport?
We are very much looking forward to learning about the following things this Summer term:
- Our topic about ‘Wildlife Explorers.’
- Outdoor learning, using the little playground daily and a school grounds session once a week. We will also be going walking during this term.
- Phonics: Complete Phase 3 digraphs and trigraphs and introduce phase 4 consonant blends in words.
- Reading and spelling words on our frog, panda, tiger, butterfly cards and fish, ladybird, elephant and toucan words and more!
- Maths: Using money, counting in 2s, 5s and 10s, and doubling and halving numbers. Also measuring capacity and weight.
- ‘Wildlife’ Role play area, linked to our topic.
- Using our computer. laptops, ipads and Beebots to try out different programs.
- PE sessions will focus on street dance and then outdoor games.
- Wake and shake, where we will learn new songs
- and lots more…
Home Learning: Check your Book bags for your child’s reading book and words.
Phase 2 words
Frog Words Panda Words
Tiger Words Butterfly Words Phase 2 Bookmark Phase 3 Bookmark
Phase 3 Words
Phonics Rainbow, including digraphs
Handwriting patterns Greentrees Letter Formation
Maths packs – these are in bookbags and added to on a Friday.
Have you used your the numicon to try ordering numbers?
Useful Links for Home:
Reading talk for parents October 2018 – Please come along to our reading talk for new parents at 1.10, on Tuesday 16th October 2018, before visiting your child’s class to see how they have settled into their new learning environment.
Foundation Stage curriculum info: https://www.foundationyears.org.uk
Bug club website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
Phonics play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Decorating the Christmas Tree in Treefrogs. We used a repeating pattern: Red, Gold, Red, Gold, Red, Gold
When we first started . . . Photos of our first weeks in school) September and October 2018:
Maths – measuring PSED -Negotiating EAD – Painting UTW – Exploring Litearcy – handwriting Physical – large vehicles
Physical – Fine motor Literacy-phonics fairy C&L- Speaking PSED – Self confidence Maths – counting EAD – performing
Our photos show evidence of learning across all areas of learning.