Welcome to the Treefrogs’ Class Page
We are a Foundation Stage class with 30 children. Our Teacher is Miss Eyers (Mrs Mel Eyers-Gibbs) and our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Zoe Farr, Miss Linda Butcher and Mrs Debs Wilkinson. Our page shows activities that we have been doing each month, which are included in our ongoing ‘Learning Journeys.’
This week in Treefrogs Class: (Week beginning 16th April ):
We have been revisiting the digraphs: sh ch th ng ai ee oa or ur oi ow and trigraph igh in phonics. We have learnt ear, air and ure. These are all on the Rainbow alphabet which every child has in their bookbags. We now know how to form the following letters correctly: c o a d g q s f e r n m l i and b.
Last term we learnt the story of: ‘The magic porridge pot’ and have recorded our storytelling: Treefrogs story of ‘The magic porridge pot.’ (Please click here to hear it!)
We have begun to learn about coins in maths and how to count in 2s, 10s and 5s.
We have begun street dance again with our new teacher Lottie.
Outdoor learning is continuing again next term. Please see the outdoor letter in bookbags.
All groups this term will be visiting the pond again and going for a walk.
Please continue to use the Maths folders , with a set of Numicon and look for your new ‘mathletics’ password. Practise reading and spelling the words and sounds found in the Book bags.
Our Learner of the Week last week was: Sam for his brilliant counting in 2s with the 100 square.
Certificates given out this term: Ollie and Ruby have received their Bronze certificate.
Maths Passports given out this term: (Who will be the first to receive their Great Britain passport?)
We are looking forward to learning about the following things this Summer term: TO BE ADDED
- Our topics about ‘Magic’ and ‘Celebrating difference.’
- Outdoor learning, using the school grounds, the pond and walking in the local area.
- Phonics: Recap digraphs sh ch th ng ai ee oa and trigraph igh. Learn digraphs oo, ar, ow, ur, or, oi and trigraphs air, ear and ure.
- Reading and spelling words on our frog, panda, tiger, butterfly, fish, elephant, toucan and ladybird cards
- Learning the story of ‘The Magic Porridge Pot.’ Making porridge and using thermometers to see what happens to the temperature as it cools down.
- Maths: Counting, recognising and ordering 1-20, ‘1 more and 1 less,’ subtraction, positional language and capacity.
- PE sessions will now focus on gymnastics skills where we will be learning different types of rolls and balancing on different pieces of equipment.
- and lots more…
Home Learning: Check your Book bags and :
Please keep going with reading and spelling the words below: Which words are you on?
Phase 2 words
Frog Words Panda Words
Tiger Words Butterfly Words Phase 2 Bookmark Phase 3 Bookmark
Phase 3 Words
Phonics Rainbow, including digraphs
Handwriting patterns Greentrees Letter Formation
Have you used your the numicon to try ordering numbers?
Useful Links for Home:
Foundation Stage curriculum info: http://www.foundationyears.org.uk
Bug club website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
Phonics play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Outdoor Learning Cooking cheesecake – yum! Street dance – including finding a space
The Magic Forest Role Play Area is now open. . . Adding in maths
Building and making Wake and shake outdoors, before our shape walk.
Decorating the Christmas tree
When we first started . . . (September and October 2017)