Welcome to the Treefrogs’ Class Page
We are a Foundation Stage class. Our Teacher is Miss Eyers (Mrs Mel Eyers-Gibbs) and our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Zoe Farr and Mrs Debs Wilkinson. Our page shows activities that we have been doing each month, which are included in our ongoing ‘Learning Journeys.’
This week in Treefrogs Class: (Week beginning 1st April):
We have been learning the sounds: sh, ch, th, ng, ai, ee, oa, oo, ar, or, ur, ow, oi and igh (13 digraphs and a trigraph)
Click here to hear our class version of the story. Greedy Jack story – Treefrogs class
We have changed the story of ‘the Magic Porridge Pot’ to ‘The Magic Sweetie Pot’ and we will told it brilliantly as a class.
We have been learning to subtract numbers in maths and have been recording what happens in number rhymes, such as ‘5 little ducks’, ‘5 little monkeys’ and ’10 green bottles.’
We have also been learning about ‘positional and directional vocabulary’, during our walk to the river, and through the story: ‘What the Ladybird heard.’
We have been getting ready for the ‘Science Fayre’ on Friday and have visited the pond again to dip for creatures.
We have also made jelly with snakes and Gruffalo footprints, ready for our Julia Donaldson day on Friday.
Our Learner of the Week this week is : Marshall, for being a Resilient learner and getting his bookmark and fish and elephant words!
Certificates given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Bronze certificate?
Maths Passports given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Great Britain passport?
We have very much enjoyed learning about the following things this Spring term:
- Our topic about ‘Julia Donaldson.’
- Outdoor learning, using the little playground daily and a school grounds session once a week. We will also be going walking during this term.
- Phonics: Complete Phase 2 letter sounds and beginning Phase 3 with new digraphs and trigraphs.
- Reading and spelling words on our frog, panda, tiger, butterfly cards and fish, ladybird, elephant and toucan words.
- Maths: Counting to 20 and beyond, recognising numbers, ordering numbers, naming and recognising 3D shapes, measuring height and length. Also addition and Subtraction.
- ‘Forest’ Role play area, linked to the Julia Donaldson books.
- Using our computer and laptops to try out different programs.
- PE sessions will focus on street dance and then gymnastics.
- Wake and shake, where we will learn new songs
- and lots more…
Home Learning: Check your Book bags for your child’s reading book and words.
Phase 2 words
Frog Words Panda Words
Tiger Words Butterfly Words Phase 2 Bookmark Phase 3 Bookmark
Phase 3 Words
Phonics Rainbow, including digraphs
Handwriting patterns Greentrees Letter Formation
Maths packs – these are in bookbags and added to on a Friday.
Have you used your the numicon to try ordering numbers?
Useful Links for Home:
Reading talk for parents October 2018 – Please come along to our reading talk for new parents at 1.10, on Tuesday 16th October 2018, before visiting your child’s class to see how they have settled into their new learning environment.
Foundation Stage curriculum info: https://www.foundationyears.org.uk
Bug club website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
Phonics play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Decorating the Christmas Tree in Treefrogs. We used a repeating pattern: Red, Gold, Red, Gold, Red, Gold
When we first started . . . Photos of our first weeks in school) September and October 2018:
Maths – measuring PSED -Negotiating EAD – Painting UTW – Exploring Litearcy – handwriting Physical – large vehicles
Physical – Fine motor Literacy-phonics fairy C&L- Speaking PSED – Self confidence Maths – counting EAD – performing
Our photos show evidence of learning across all areas of learning.