Welcome to the Treefrogs’ Class Page
We are a Foundation Stage class. Our Teacher is Miss Eyers (Mrs Mel Eyers-Gibbs) and our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Zoe Farr and Mrs Debs Wilkinson. Our page shows activities that we have been doing each month, which are included in our ongoing ‘Learning Journeys.’
This week in Treefrogs Class: (Week beginning 11th February):
We have been learning the sounds: sh, ch, th, ng, ai, ee, oa and igh (7 new digraphs and a trigraph)
Click here to hear our class version of the story. Greedy Jack story – Treefrogs class
We have been looking at our maths passports and have been trying to achieve the ‘Northern Ireland’ flag. We have to count to 20 and order numbers to 20 to achieve this. We have also had a quick look at the Scottish flag, finding out ‘1 more’ and ‘1 less.
We are also learning to ‘add’ numbers by putting sets ‘together.’
We have now learnt some 3D shape names and group 2 went for a shape walk.
Our ‘Forest’ Role Play Area, inspired by the Julia Donaldson books that the children have been bringing in, has been open this week.
Our Learner of the Week this week is : Eleanor, for segmenting her sounds so well. when reading.
Certificates given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Bronze certificate?
Maths Passports given out this term: Who will be the first to achieve their Great Britain passport?
We are looking forward to learning about the following things this Spring term:
- Our topic about ‘Julia Donaldson.’
- Outdoor learning, using the little playground daily and a school grounds session once a week. We will also be going walking during this term.
- Phonics: Complete Phase 2 letter sounds and beginning Phase 3 with new digraphs and trigraphs.
- Reading and spelling words on our frog, panda, tiger, butterfly cards and fish, ladybird, elephant and toucan words.
- Maths: Counting to 20 and beyond, recognising numbers, ordering numbers, naming and recognising 3D shapes, measuring height and length.
- ‘Forest’ Role play area, linked to the Julia Donaldson books.
- Using our computer and laptops to try out different programs.
- PE sessions will focus on street dance and then gymnastics.
- Wake and shake, where we will learn new songs
- and lots more…
Home Learning: Check your Book bags for your child’s reading book and words.
Phase 2 words
Frog Words Panda Words
Tiger Words Butterfly Words Phase 2 Bookmark Phase 3 Bookmark
Phase 3 Words
Phonics Rainbow, including digraphs
Handwriting patterns Greentrees Letter Formation
Maths packs – these will be sent home after half term, in bookbags.
Have you used your the numicon to try ordering numbers?
Useful Links for Home:
Reading talk for parents October 2018 – Please come along to our reading talk for new parents at 1.10, on Tuesday 16th October 2018, before visiting your child’s class to see how they have settled into their new learning environment.
Foundation Stage curriculum info: https://www.foundationyears.org.uk
Bug club website: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
Phonics play: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Decorating the Christmas Tree in Treefrogs. We used a repeating pattern: Red, Gold, Red, Gold, Red, Gold
When we first started . . . Photos of our first weeks in school) September and October 2018:
Maths – measuring PSED -Negotiating EAD – Painting UTW – Exploring Litearcy – handwriting Physical – large vehicles
Physical – Fine motor Literacy-phonics fairy C&L- Speaking PSED – Self confidence Maths – counting EAD – performing
Our photos show evidence of learning across all areas of learning.