Secret Machine – The Extinct Event
Thank you to everyone that came to the premiere at the Salisbury Arts Centre, it was a great success and the children loved it!
Throughout the term we looked at incorporating the theme across all subjects, here are some examples of what we did:
English – We wrote our own stories based around the idea of having a time machine. We then turned these into scripts.
Maths – We recorded our own data from different films (length of film, shots etc…). We then put the information into graphs.
Science – We looked at how important sound and light are in film. We talked about how they both travel and how we might use them in our film.
Computing – We learnt how to use iMovie to create films. We filmed, edited and exported our own tours of the school before making the final film.
Geography – We looked at different film locations around the world and why they were chosen. We added these to world maps and discussed where our film might be shot.
History – We looked at what historical events have been depicted in films and how they might have been exaggerated to make the film more exciting.
Music – We looked at how music is used in films to create different moods and to build excitement and anticipation for the viewer.
Art & DT – We created our own storyboards for each scene. We also built props and sets for the final film.
How we got there (Step by Step):
- We wrote stories in English based around the idea of a time machine.
- We then turned these stories into scripts.
- After that we all applied for one of the following roles in the film.
- Marketing Team
- Video Editor
- Set Design
- Storyboard Artist
- Costume Design
- Actors learnt their lines.
- Storyboard artists drew each scene.
- Costume design create their mood boards.
- Set Design created props.
- Marketing team booked the venue and produced tickets.
- Actors and Cameramen filmed the scenes.
- Video editors put it all together.
Well done to all the Year 3s, you have all had an important role to play in this film and have worked extremely hard!