Welcome to the Geckos Class Page.
We are a Foundation Stage class with 30 children. Our Teacher is Mrs Patel and our Teaching Assistants are Mrs Hughes and Mrs Wilkinson. Our page shows activities that we have been doing each month, which are included in our ongoing ‘Learning Journeys.’
We are looking forward to learning about the following things in the Summer term:
- Our new topic about animals
- Outdoor learning, including the pond, the copse and a farm trip!
- Phonics: Trigraphs ‘ear’, ‘air’ and ‘ure’ and consonant blends.
- Maths: Doubling, halving and sharing
- Street dance
- and lots more …
- We have enjoyed some great Outdoor Learning this term, including our ‘directional and positional language’ walk, where, amongst other things we acted out the story of the ‘3 Billy goats gruff’ on the bridge.
- The gardening is coming on well, including the planting of herbs, potatoes, carrots and radishes! Mrs Wilkinson is our expert helper. Thank you to the generous parents who have contributed herbs to our collection.
- The pond has been very exciting – we have seen frogs, frogspawn and tadpoles. We are looking forward to seeing ‘frog lets’ next term.
February / March 2017
- This term we are continuing with the topic of ‘Heroes,’ both Superheroes and real life heroes.
- Our phonics will include the digraphs: sh, ch, th, ng, ai, ee, oa, oo, or ar, ur, ow, oi and the trigraphs: igh, ear, air, ure.
- Our main story this term is the traditional tale of ‘The 3 Billy Goats gruff.’
- Maths: We will introduce subtraction and continue with our maths passports – ordering numbers to 20, counting out sets up to 20 and finding 1 more and 1 less to 20. Also, positional language and measuring.
- Outdoor Learning days will continue on a Friday, whatever the weather!
- P.E is gymnastics indoors.
- This term we are continuing with our music sessions fortnightly on Friday afternoons with Mrs Parsons
- Please continue to use Bug Club https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0 and Mathletics https://community.mathletics.com/signin/#/student at home to support your child’s learning.
World Book Day 2017
We enjoyed taking part in the ‘drop everything and read’ challenge.
Learning across all curriculum areas: