Welcome to the lemurs’ Class Page.
We are a year 1 class. Our Teacher is Mrs Suzanne Judd (Monday to Thursday) and Mrs Hailey Edmonds (Friday) and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Dawn Lancaster.
February / March 2017
- This term in English we will be learning about instructions & studying a variety of children’s authors.
- The children will be introduced to all of the Phase 5 digraphs & will be reading lots of real and non-words.
- In Maths we will be leaning to halve and double shapes and numbers, we will be using number lines and hundred squares to help us understand place value & continuing to learn to tell the time to the hour and half hour.
- In Science we are learning about ourselves and investigating our senses.
- Geography will include walking the local area & investigating the school pond.
- Our History will be linked to Mrs Judd’s visit to Zambia, the children will be learning about David Livingstone the famous Victorian explorer.
- P.E is gymnastics indoors, the children will be developing their skills on the low apparatus and wall bars.
- Please continue to use Bug Club https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0 and Mathletics https://community.mathletics.com/signin//student at home to support your child’s learning.
We enjoyed dressing up as Victorian children and learning about their lives.
We are taking part in the Golden Mile to improve our fitness.