We are a year 1 class. Our teacher is Mr Ian Meatcher and our Teaching Assistant is Miss Morrison.
February / March 2017
- This term in English we will be learning about instructions & studying a variety of children’s authors.
- The children will be introduced to all of the Phase 5 digraphs & will be reading lots of real and non-words.
- In Maths we will be leaning to halve and double shapes and numbers, we will be using number lines and hundred squares to help us understand place value & continuing to learn to tell the time to the hour and half hour.
- In Science we are learning about ourselves and investigating our senses.
- Geography will include walking the local area & investigating the school pond.
- Our History will be linked to Mrs Judd’s visit to Zambia, the children will be learning about David Livingstone the famous Victorian explorer.
- P.E is gymnastics indoors, the children will be developing their skills on the low apparatus and wall bars.
- Please continue to use Bug Club https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0 and Mathletics https://community.mathletics.com/signin/#/student at home to support your child’s learning.