Welcome to the Treefrogs’ Class Page.
We are a Foundation Stage class with 30 children. Our Teacher is Miss Eyers (Mrs Mel Eyers-Gibbs) and our Teaching Assistant is Mrs Zoe Farr and Mrs Debs Wilkinson. Our page shows activities that we have been doing each month, which are included in our ongoing ‘Learning Journeys.’
We are looking forward to learning about the following things in the Summer term:
- Our new topic about animals
- Outdoor learning, including the pond, the copse and a farm trip!
- Phonics: Trigraphs ‘ear’, ‘air’ and ‘ure’ and consonant blends.
- Maths: Doubling, halving and sharing
- Street dance
- and lots more …
- We have enjoyed some great Outdoor Learning this term, including our ‘directional and positional language’ walk, where, amongst other things we acted out the story of the ‘3 Billy goats gruff’ on the bridge.
- The gardening is coming on well, including the planting of herbs, potatoes, carrots and radishes! Mrs Wilkinson is our expert helper. Thank you to the generous parents who have contributed herbs to our collection.
- The pond has been very exciting – we have seen frogs, frogspawn and tadpoles. We are looking forward to seeing ‘frog lets’ next term.
We have been amazing during gymnastics sessions this term, working very safely on large apparatus:
February / March 2017
- This term we are continuing with the topic of ‘Heroes,’ both Superheroes and real life heroes.
- Our phonics will include the digraphs: sh, ch, th, ng, ai, ee, oa, oo, or ar, ur, ow, oi and the trigraphs: igh, ear, air, ure.
- Our main story this term is the traditional tale of ‘The 3 Billy Goats gruff.’
- Maths: We will introduce subtraction and continue with our maths passports – ordering numbers to 20, counting out sets up to 20 and finding 1 more and 1 less to 20. Also, positional language and measuring.
- Outdoor Learning days will continue on a Friday, whatever the weather!
- P.E is gymnastics indoors.
- This term we are continuing with our music sessions fortnightly on Friday afternoons with Mrs Parsons
- Please continue to use Bug Club https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=0 and Mathletics https://community.mathletics.com/signin/#/student at home to support your child’s learning.
- IMG_0110 Click on here to listen to the Police car siren!
- Firefighter visit!
Outdoor Learning in all weathers!
Our ‘Resilience’ walk.
The story of ‘The 3 Billy goats gruff.’
Chinese New Year – the Year of the Rooster:
Dragon dancing, Making dragons, Chinese lanterns
Our Visit from ‘Russell and Bromley’s’ to measure our feet.
Our main topic is ‘Superheroes!’
Can you name the Superhero in these photos?
Shared reading at the Juniors with our Year 6 Buddies.
Reciprocity – working well as a team!
Our Music sessions with Mrs Parsons
on alternate Fridays: Our writing is developing well and so is our learning for Maths passports:
Superhero model making:
December 2016. . .
Christmas activities have included…
Decorating the Christmas tree… Christmas Cooking… Hats and stockings
The Christmas play ‘Christmas counts for everyone:’
Joseph, Shepherds, Animals
November 2016 . . .
When we first started . . .