Greentrees Primary School is seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant for 25 hours per week, to support a KS1 NPA child in our ASD Resource Base. It would be desirable if the candidate has experience of delivering focussed initiated learning, enabling a child to transition between activities and making and implementing visual aids.
We are also looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant for 15 hours per week, over 3 days to work in the ASD Resource Base. This is a permanent position. You will be working in a KS2 class of currently 4 children, supporting the children both on an individual and group basis. You should have a good standard of Maths and English as well as experience of working with children and a knowledge of autism.
Ideally, you will be qualified to N.V.Q L3, or equivalent, although this is not an essential requirement
Candidates will need to be
- Be able to use their own initiative.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Have good behaviour management skills.
- Be understanding and patient.
- Aware of the needs of Children with SEN.
We can offer you:
- A friendly staff team with a strong, warm ethos of working together.
- An opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- A unique opportunity to create a support mechanism that will positively impact the lives of vulnerable learners.
- On top of the hours there is also an opportunity for a MDSA role of up to 5 hours per week.
Why not make an appointment to visit our fantastic school (01722 340596). Application forms and further information are available by email from [email protected] or visit our school website www.greentrees-school.com
Closing date for application: 18th June 2018 – 4:00 pm.
Interview date: 25th June 2018
Commencement date: 3rd September 2018
Greentrees Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed